Our Code of Conduct
We are committed to ensuring we undertake repairs and improvement promptly and efficiently and that we do everything possible to minimise disruption to you and your neighbouring areas. To achieve this our staff and contractors will:
- Introduce themselves to you and show proof of identity (do not hesitate to ask to see this).
- Explain the nature and purpose of the job.
- Behave in a polite, courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Take care of the property and your possessions, doing all we can to protect them at all times from dust, paint etc.
- Where major works are involved, agree the extent of removal of carpets, furniture etc. and their condition before work commences.
- Keeping you informed of progress and clearly communicate times of work and any delays to the programme etc.
- Try and restrict our work to within normal working hours. When work at unsociable times is required, we will provide you with reasonable notice.
- Confirm access arrangements with you.
- Give reasonable notice if services are to be interrupted or disconnected, keeping interruptions to a minimum.
- Respect your privacy.
- Comply with health and safety legislation and relevant codes of practice to ensure that there is no danger whilst we undertake work in your home.
- Keep safe all materials and equipment used on site to avoid danger to people.
- Keep your home secure at all times.
- Reconnect and test services such as water, gas and electricity at the end of each working day.
- Clear any rubbish arising from our work from the property and garden at the end of each day and on completion of the job.