We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination or harassment, in service delivery and employment.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy applies to all parts of Radian and covers all customers, employees, managers, boards, contractors, trainees, casual workers, and agency staff and also governs how we work with other organisations.
As a social housing provider, we have responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 to promote equality of opportunity. The Equality Act 2010 makes discrimination unlawful in relation to nine protected characteristics: age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation.
The Public Sector Equality Duty requires Housing Associations delivering public services to give ‘due regard’ to the need:
- To eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- To advance equality of opportunity
- To foster good relations (tackling prejudice and promoting understanding.)
- Support our vision by promoting inclusive working environments for our staff and valuing the diversity of our customers and communities
- Ensure that no individual or group in society receive unfair treatment in recruitment, pay or promotions, housing or any other services we provide, such as lettings, support, housing advice, repairs and rent collection
- Ensure that people have equal access to services and employment opportunities
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Advance equality of opportunity
- Foster good relations by addressing prejudice and promoting understanding
- Strive to be an open, inclusive and diverse organisation
- Value the diversity and talents of all individuals
- Support, develop and empower people to succeed
- Understand the diverse needs of our customers and communities and deliver appropriate, accessible and flexible services
- Promote equality of opportunity in employment and service provision
- Create a diverse, engaged workforce and inclusive workplaces
- Encourage tolerance, and understanding of others or their lifestyle choices
- Challenge prejudice, discrimination and harassment where we find it
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion with our customers, communities, partners, stakeholders and our supply chain
- Abide by our statutory and regulatory obligations to promote equality of opportunity, deliver our services with ‘due regard’ to need, to comply with the duty in the provision, allocation and management of social housing, and to treat all customers and tenants with fairness and respect including protected characteristics and those with additional support needs
- Undertake an annual Equality and Diversity Review which will be approved by the relevant Board Committee
- Commit to review and/or establish specific Equality objectives once annually
- Undertake an annual Equal Pay Audit.