We recently worked in partnership with Solent University to run the Solent Pop-Up Uni in Mansbridge for residents to attend and find out more about Solent University and career opportunities. The day included activities and information stands including nursing, hair & makeup, criminology, marine & maritime and outside broadcasting.
The Solent Pop Up – Mansbridge aimed to contribute to the cultural, artistic, sporting and educational life of the local community. By bringing the universities facilities to local communities, we can provide local people and specific community groups opportunities to engage in learning and aspiration raising activities.
We had over 72 adults and children attend on the day, which was a real success.
The Pop Up supported our aim to increase the social capital of Mansbridge residents. We wanted residents to:
- Gain an understanding about the benefits of university.
- Find out about life as a student
- Experience first-hand a selection of the courses available at Solent
- Think about/ develop a career path plan
- Where they have parental responsibility, be confident in engaging their children in discussions around university