Our Employment, Support and Training (EST) team attended the UK Housing awards last night as finalists for the Resident Employment and Training award.
The award celebrates those who have played a vital role in supporting residents into training and work, whether they have used traditional means or shown innovation in their approach. Our EST team embody these values through their tireless work to create opportunities for customers that can really change lives.
The team have secured £850k of external funding which helps support their work, whether it’s their self-employment course ‘Create’ which helps participants turn a business idea into reality, mentoring, CV writing, apprenticeships, providing training, finding work placements or helping people to secure permanent employment.
Just some of the team’s successes to date include:
- Supporting 730 people into employment
- Providing training for 2,200 people
- Running 13 jobs fairs
- Helping to create over 1,100 CVs
- Supporting 41 people into an apprenticeship
- Seeing 240 people through our 10-week self-employment course ‘Create’ which has resulted in more than 100 businesses being created as a result.
- Securing £850k of external funding