Buildings insurance

As a Leaseholder or Shared Owner, we insure your property under our block insurance scheme. As a block policy for all of our business including homes to rent, we get a cheaper rate and we pass these savings on to you.

The buildings section of our insurance policy covers all the normal risks to your home: fire, flood, vandalism and damage following a burglary or an accident. Our policy contains fewer exclusions and limits than you will find in many policies available from other insurance companies. For most claims, you will be required to pay an excess of £100.

If your claim is for major damage or subsidence (landslide), the insurers will usually appoint a loss adjuster to assess the claim. Claims for subsidence will have an excess of £1,000 to pay.

Our insurance company offers a claims direct service 24 hours a day seven days a week. Please note they must be notified of any event that leads to a claim within 30 days of that event. They will refuse to accept a claim if they are not notified within the period.

You can download a copy of the insurance policy summary of cover below. The summary is designed to provide all the information you may require in the event of having to claim for damage to your home. A copy of the full policy wording is available upon request by contacting 0300 123 1 567. Please be aware that the policy covers most aspects of Radian business and as such is a complex and lengthy document written in legal language.


Buildings insurance documentation

For claims from 1 July 2015 onwards our Insurance is provided by JLT Housing. 


Call: 0345 266 9660

Fax: 01908 302345


For claims before 1 July 2015, please contact AJ Gallagher.

Call: 01245 341 210


Contents insurance

We strongly recommend that you purchase contents insurance to insure your furniture, belongings and decorations against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes and other household risks.

We can help our customers obtain home contents insurance, which includes the potentially valuable benefit of occupiers and personal responsibility insurance cover, easily and at a price that is affordable. While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly, or you may be found legally liable for accidental injury to any person or their property.

With a special scheme called My Home arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation, Radian tenants and residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens they have cover. Please bear in mind that other products are available.

Visit the My Home website for more information.

How can we help?