The annual Gas Safety Week is fast approaching but here at Radian we're always thinking about the importance of gas safety and taking care of your gas appliances.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
By taking care of your gas appliances properly you are taking care of your home and your loved ones.
Follow these few simple checks to keep you and your family safe:
If you would like any further information on gas safety advice, visit www.gassaferegister.co.uk or call the free helpline on 0800 408 5500.
Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of CO poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions. It can be a silent killer, so be in the know about the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning:
Watch out for signs such as your symptoms only occurring when you’re at home, and other people and pets in the household seem to have similar symptoms whilst at home.
Turn off gas appliances and get everyone (including pets) out of the house and get to a hospital ASAP. Tell them you suspect CO poisoning.
Call the Gas Emergency Helpline on 0800 111 999 and call Radian on 0300 123 1 567.