This statement is made in accordance with the provisions of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. We are committed to doing what we can to ensure there is no slavery or human trafficking in our business or our supply chains, to identify high risk areas and take positive action.
Radian was formed in 2006 bringing together a number of housing providers. The parent company of the Group is Radian Group Limited. The housing providers are:
- The Swaythling Housing Society Ltd
- Drum Housing Association Ltd
- Portal Housing Association Ltd
- Windsor and District Housing Association Ltd
These companies are all Registered Societies under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 and registered with the Homes and Communities Agency. Our companies employ over 800 staff, providing nearly 21,000 affordable homes in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Surrey, Sussex and Wiltshire. Our joint annual turnover exceeds £36 million (the minimum threshold for companies which must publish this statement).
The majority of our stock is general needs housing, but also includes sheltered and supported housing, together with key worker accommodation, shared ownership, market rent and private sale properties.
Radian is taking steps to mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking by:
- Reviewing contracts with existing suppliers. If potentially high risk contracts are identified these may be reviewed prior to renewal
- Including in new contracts an obligation to address the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act
- Updating policies and procedures to take account of the Modern Slavery Act
- Requiring our Procurement Team to complete ethical procurement training provided by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
- Making all relevant pre-employment checks prior to employing staff. We use fair and transparent recruitment processes and will ensure the recruitment agencies we work with comply with these requirements in the provision of agency staff
- Regularly reviewing our employment terms and conditions
- Encouraging reporting of serious concerns related to our own activities or supply chain.
This statement has been approved by the Executive Team and applies to all organisations within the Radian Group. It will be reviewed annually.