Our Community Funding is available to any community or voluntary group in areas where Radian has homes. While Coronavirus may mean we have had to change how we do things, we are still actively supporting local groups, and welcome funding applications. It’s never been more important to come together and find ways to deliver the services people need to help them through these difficult times. Local groups and organisations can apply for a grant up to £1500 to support the work that meets the needs of Radian residents and the wider community.
So far, we’ve funded 11 fantastic groups and organisations to help them carry out important work during the outbreak. The funds are helping to ensure our communities are receiving the support they need at this very difficult time.
We’ve also got eight applications that are currently pending assessment, all of which are also in response to COVID-19.
The groups we have been able to help fund during this crisis so far, include:
- Slough Foodbank for local food bank supplies
- Drive Forward in Deadworth to support vulnerable families and the homeless with meals and food
- Enable Ability in Portsmouth, to provide hot meals to those in need
- Victory Hants, for an additional needs supermarket
- Jacobs Well Care Centre in Gosport for a supply of emergency food
- Alton Food Cupboard in Hampshire for food supplies
- Windsor Hub to set up a helpline in response to COVID19
- Southampton City Mission for food supplies
- CAB in Bracknell to support home working through IT equipment to carry on delivering a service through COVID 19
- The Weller Centre in Thames to support breakfast deliveries and other food supplies
- Empower Global for baby basics that support families, in particular pregnant women.
The good work these groups are doing in our communities is invaluable to our customers and we’re proud to be able to support them. For more information about funding, take a look at our Grants and Funding page.
“Thank you for the Community funding it’s been amazing to be able to make up and distribute food packages for many of our local residents. It’s been great to see smiles of people who are truly grateful and also lift spirits.” – The Weller Centre
“That’s great news, thank you so much for sorting this funding out so promptly. The beneficiaries will be members of the public under isolation initially. We will rely on referrals from authorities like Radian, GBC, the social services, schools etc.” – Jacob’s Well Care Centre
“Giving the women the hope and security that they have those essential first items to bring their baby home is very special and could not be done without baby basics” – Empower Global