We know that building strong communities is as important as providing a home. Our dedicated Community Investment team works across the region to support local people and agencies to develop the services essential to creating thriving neighbourhoods.
Last year we invested over £384,000 in our communities, including in the following key projects:
- Launch of our Wellbeing Wagon with a focus on partnership work to improve health & wellbeing.
- Development of our Round About Café to focus on employment, training, social isolation and health initiatives.
- Training and workshops helping residents get online to access services and make real savings through online banking, shopping or getting better deals on energy or insurance.
- Launch of a new community hub at Longwood Park, focusing on health, employment, education, digital inclusion and training projects.
- A Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme for young residents of supported housing.
- Funding for schools’ community projects through our Schools Challenge.
- Local youth engagement projects focused on music, film, art and photography.
- Development of new projects to tackle issues including health and social isolation amongst elderly residents.
- A range of training for residents on things like healthy eating, cooking and budgeting.