Formal complaints process

If you have a complaint about the service you’ve received from us, we want to know so we can put things right. Full details of our complaint process and what it covers can be viewed in our Guide to Complaints leaflet.

An overview of the complaints process is detailed below. The main aim is to resolve your complaint quickly and effectively, with Customer Resolution Officers keeping you updated throughout and hopefully reaching a resolution.  We approach complaint resolution flexibly and consider what action is most appropriate in relation to specific complaints.


Stage one

Your complaint will be logged by our Customer Resolution (CR) team and a CR Officer will contact you within 2 working days to discuss your complaint and what can be done to resolve it. They’ll look into what’s happened and aim to resolve it as quickly as possible, keeping you updated.

However, if you are not satisfied with the resolution offered at stage one, you need to contact the CR Officer and explain why. If there is no more that can be done at stage one to resolve the issues, it may be appropriate to escalate your complaint to stage two, which the CR Officer will discuss with you.


Stage two

A review meeting will be set up. This will involve a Radian manager and two panel members (at least one will be a Radian resident). You’ll be encouraged to attend as well. It’s hoped a resolution can be found at the meeting and presented to you. If more time is needed, the decision will be provided in writing, within five working days.

Stage two is the end of our internal process. If you remain dissatisfied, you can choose to escalate your complaint through the external channels below:


Designated person

A designated person is defined as an MP, local councillor or tenant panel (please see below for further details of Radian’s tenant panel). Designated persons may refer you to the Ombudsman, or they may aim to resolve your complaint locally.


Radian Tenant Panel

A group of Radian residents have formed a designated tenant panel. This means if you have been through stage one and stage two of Radian’s internal complaints procedure and still feel your complaint is not resolved, you can approach this panel for assistance. The designated tenant panel is made up of Radian residents but is independent to Radian’s internal complaints procedure. The panel can be contacted by email to

Alternatively you can get in touch by writing. Please address your correspondence to ‘Designated tenant panel – C/O Customer Resolution team’ and send it to Radian’s Head Office at Collins House, Bishopstoke Road, Eastleigh, SO50 6AD. Our Customer Resolution team will make sure it is forwarded to the panel for their response.


Housing Ombudsman

If you do not wish to go via a designated person, you can take your complaint direct to the Housing Ombudsman. However, Government guidance states you must wait eight weeks from finishing our internal complaints procedure before you can do this. Find out more about their service by visiting

The Ombudsman can be contacted at:

Housing Ombudsman Service
81 Aldwych

Tel: 0300 111 3000



Consumer credit complaints

If your complaint is a consumer credit complaint and you are not happy with the resolution you will need to contact the Financial Ombudsman not the Housing Ombudsman. Find out more about their service by visiting

Their contact details are:

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

Tel: 0800 023 4567 or
0300 123 9123



Related documents

More information about complaints and compliments can be found by downloading the documents below:

Complaints & compliments links

How can we help?