Starts at Home Day 2019 celebrates supported housing and the positive impact it makes on thousands of lives.
“I am so proud to lead incredibly passionate and dedicated teams and consider myself fortunate to work for an organisation that values supported housing.
“We make a difference every day, helping people keep their independence, re-gain their self-confidence and feel safe and secure. We work with numerous partners across health, care and support, adult services and the voluntary sectors and we really do transform lives!
“Our supported housing services range widely, but some examples include:
- Providing the support older people need to maintain their independence
- Providing emergency refuge and support for victims of domestic abuse, helping them to stabilise their lives and engage with other services
- Working with homeless people with complex and multiple needs to help them make the transition from life on the street to a settled home, education, training or employment
- Supporting people with mental health needs to stabilise their lives, recover and live more independently
- Supporting people with learning disabilities in the longer term to maximise their independence and exercise choice and control over their lives
“Our supported housing services all play a crucial role in providing a safe and secure home with support that enables people to thrive.”
– Josephine Roberts, Head of Supported Housing