Your voice and involvement in the work we do is so important – we need your help to make positive change.
Attend the South Coast Training workshops and get up to date with the latest information. Get the right tools and know-how to be able to raise concerns and offer suggestions.
Saturday 19 October 2019
Novotel Hotel, 1 West Quay Road, Southampton, SO15 1RA
Please include your first and second choice of workshop in your email.
The Changing World of Scrutiny
An interactive workshop which will help you look at the different ways to deliver scrutiny and which approach may work best for your landlord.
- Explore how digital innovation and the use of customer insight can improve your approach.
- Learn how best to get involved with scrutiny.
- Develop a flexible approach to scrutiny, learning how to get involved online as well as face to face.
- Develop a plan for change
Confidence Building and Getting Your Point Across
An interactive introduction into the tools and techniques you need to help you speak confidently to any size audience.
- Learn about techniques and tools for public speaking and presentations.
- Consider what makes you nervous or anxious and how you can overcome that.
- Think about how you appear to others and make the best use of yourself.
- Understand how to structure your message.
- Get practical experience during the workshop – have a go at speaking and presentations.
An awareness course about domestic abuse, including how housing providers can work best with those suffering.
- Learn about different types of abuse.
- Get to grips with the myths and facts around domestic abuse.
- Learn about the cycle of abuse.
- Understand the characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- Learn about the impact of domestic abuse on families
Find out about future changes to housing law, changes to regulation and building safety, the impact of Brexit on social housing and lastly, whether a new Government/Prime Minister/Housing Minister will radically change anything.
- Learn about future housing law changes.
- Understand what regulation and building safety changes will happen following Grenfell.
- Learn how you can scrutinise and get involved with your landlord on housing law issues.
- Understand who will be eligible for social housing after Brexit.