Hearing from our customers is important to us so earlier this year we decided to carry out a review of our Resident Involvement offer and asked what you thought of the opportunities we provide and here is an update of what we’ve been working on so far.
We sent out surveys, set up focus groups and knocked on doors to get your feedback. We spoke to more than 200 people which helped us build a good picture of how we need to respond and work with customers in order to maximise involvement. We also hosted an Engagement Symposium that brought together representatives from different organisations to share ideas on how they involve customers to shape their business. We did this because you told us we needed to modernise our approach and we want to be at the forefront when it comes to listening to feedback.
Great discussions were had at the symposium with ideas around improving digital communications for involvement and how important it is to work with those customers who have made a previous complaint to ‘put things right’ for the future.
In order to know more about what other housing providers are doing and how we compare, we commissioned Southampton University students to carry out research on what great customer engagement looks like. They looked at top performing housing providers and put together recommendations which highlighted a need to give instant feedback to customers and allow more opportunity for quicker and instant online communication with us instead of traditional workshops. We gathered all of this information and are pleased to now share the results so far. together and so far.
- That family commitments, health, location and time can all impact on your ability to feedback.
- You want improved digital communication, such as being able to track your repairs.
- You want more online involvement and more digital options to communicate with Radian.
As a result of what you told us we are committed to improving our digital options available to our customers. We have been:
- Working to improve our digital portal ‘My Radian’ so that you can do more online.
- Started progressing with the functions listed below and will be creating more opportunities for you to feedback to us through My Radian.
You can now:
- View your tenancy, property and personal details.
- Make rent payments.
- View your gas certification documents.
- An easier registration process.
- Update your personal information.
- Chat to us online.
- Diagnose and book repairs.
- Submit permissions, such as pet requests and property improvements.
- Track trades staff to see how far away we are.
We have reviewed our involvement groups and where appropriate we have worked with you to make those groups effective or decided to cease meeting, while we invest in ways to help shape other areas of the business. We will work more closely with you in areas that you identify need more investment and create investment plans.
We are implementing a Community Forum who will oversee our Community Investment Plans to ensure they deliver what you say is important. This group will host their meetings virtually, meaning more of our customers will have the ability to shape the work we carry out in our communities and make that difference to people’s lives.
- That it is not always obvious how you can be involved, so we need to be clearly setting out these options.
In response, we:
- We listened and will implement a clear outline of how you can be involved, giving you opportunity to have your say in formal and informal ways using more digital options.
- We will also be collating feedback from our customers centrally through implementing a ‘Voice of the Customer’ structure which means your views will be collated and have a clear path of action so we can track themes and act upon them responsively.
Look out for further changes we will be making based on your feedback. If you would like to know more about how you can be involved please contact the Community Investment Team on 0300 123 1567